These crowd-pleasing, bite-sized appetizers feature artichoke bottoms filled with a delightful goat cheese soufflé mixture. Easy to make and sure to impress, these goat cheese stuffed artichoke bottoms create a wow effect when baked to perfection.
Table of Contents
Why do I like this Artichoke hearts stuffed with goat cheese Recipe?
This recipe is both simple to make and visually impressive. With its readily available ingredients, I can easily prepare an appetizer at a moment’s notice, and simply bake it right before my guests arrive for dinner.
Grocery and Pantry List
How to Make Stuffed Artichoke Hearts – Step by Step
Step 1: Preparing the Artichokes
Place the artichoke hearts on a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with dried herbs, like oregano, marjoram, or thyme.
Step2: Preparing the Goat Cheese Filling
In a medium bowl break the goat cheese with a fork, season with the dry herbs, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Crack the egg, and separate the egg white in another bowl. Add the yolk to the cheese mixture. Whisk with a same fork until yolk and cheese are fully combined.
Whip the egg white with the pinch of salt until soft peaks. Gradually, fold the egg whites with the goat cheese mixture.
Step 3: Filling the Artichoke
Spoon the goat cheese filling into artichoke hearts and smooth with a knife or a spatula. Do not overfill. The mixture will expand and rise a bit thanks to the eggs.
Step 4: Baking the Artichoke Hearts
Preheat the oven to 350°F and pop in the baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the cheese filling is puffed and slightly browned.
Ways to serve Goat Cheese Stuffed Artichokes
- Serve hot right out of the oven as a hot appetizer.
- Serve on a charcuterie board.
You can prepare this dish a day in advance, refrigerate it, and then cook it just before serving dinner.
Please note that the cooking time may be longer as the cold baking dish will require more time to warm up.
More Recipes From Cafe Osharak
If you enjoy this recipe, please come back and let us know in the comments! We love hearing feedback from our readers and would be thrilled to know that you found the recipe to be delicious and easy to make. And if you have any suggestions for variations or tweaks to the recipe, we’re always open to new ideas.
And also check out our other small bite recipes.
Artichoke Bottoms with Goat Cheese Soufflé
- 1 can artichoke bottoms 7-8
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- 4 oz Goat cheese 120 gram
- 1 Egg Separated
- 1 Garlic clove
- Chive parsley few springs
- Salt and pepper
- Season the artichoke hearts with dried oregano and set them aside while making the filling.
- Separate the egg. Combine the egg yolk, goat cheese, salt, pepper, and the dry and fresh herbs.
- Whisk and whip the egg white with a pinch of salt until soft peaks.
- Slowly, fold the egg white into the cheese mixture.
- Carefully spoon the goat cheese filling into the artichoke hearts and smooth it out using a knife or spatula. Be cautious not to overfill as the mixture will expand and rise during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the baking dish inside. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the cheese filling is puffed and lightly browned.