Baked Brie with blackcurrant preserve is my favorite go-to appetizer for any occasion. It’s easy, requires minimal preparation, and can be baked and served in the same dish for a nearly hands-off, showstopping delight.
Table of Contents
Chronicles of Brie
Brie, a soft cow’s milk cheese, boasts a matte pearl rind. Originating from Brie, France, it has a mild, creamy flavor, delicate and fresh. Penicillium candidum, a fungus in cheesemaking, blooms outside the wheel, creating an edible mold that protects and enhances the cheese’s creamy texture and flavor.
What’s unique about this baked brie recipe?
Grocery and Pantry List Baked Brie
Bake in 400°F(200°C) preheated oven.
Special Tools to Use:
Recipe Steps at a Glance
Step-by-step: How to Make Baked Brie
Step 1: Preparing the brie
Unwrap the brie from the waxed paper. Place it inside a baking dish. Score the top with a knife to make a cross type incision.
Smother the blackcurrant jam on the brie, top with almonds and dry cranberries.
Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake and serve.
Step 2: Baking the Brie
Preheat the oven to 400°F(200°C).
Place the prepared brie into the center rack and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes until the cheese starts oozing out.
Step 3: Serving the Brie
Prepare a designated space for the baked brie. Arrange baguette slices, sliced apples, crackers, and grapes around it.
Best Way to Serve
Tips and Wisdom from Cafe Osharak
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take the rind off before baking?
Rind is what keeps the brie together and prevents the cheese from running out when baked. It encases the melted brie and acts as an edible fondue pot.
How long do you leave brie in the oven?
Bake at 375°F or 400°F for approximately 15 minutes until the interior cheese is fully melted and creamy.
More Recipes to Try From Cafe Osharak
If you try out this recipe, I would love to hear from you. Let me know if you find it delicious and straightforward to prepare. I am here to answer any questions and provide any suggestions. Also, be sure to explore other recipes from Cafe Osharak, as I’m sure you’ll love them too!
Baked Brie with Blackcurrant Jam
- 220 g Brie Cheese
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoon blackcurrant jam
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 baguette sliced
- 1 apple sliced
- 1 persimmon sliced
- figs grapes
- Slice the baguette into ½ inch slices.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and broil until both sides are toasted. Set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F(200°C).
- Place the brie cheese in a oven-safe gratin baking dish.
- Score the brie by making 6-7 criss cross slits.
- Spoon blackcurrant jam over the top of the brie.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries and chopped almonds over the brie.
- Bake at 400°F(200°C) for 15 -20 minutes.
- Final Touches:
- Serve the baked brie with the previously toasted baguette slices, sliced apples and persimmons, grapes and figs.