This tomatillo salsa is very easy to make. I like roasting the tomatillos and onions which adds a smokiness and brings out natural sweetness. The salsa goes nicely with tacos or enchiladas and can be served with chips and sliced vegetables.
- 1 lb tomatillos
- 1 small white onion washed peeled, and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line the baking sheet with foil for easy cleaning.
- Place the tomatillos, onions, jalapeños on a baking sheet and drizzle the onions with oil.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until the tomatillos are char and soft.
- Put the roasted vegetables in a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blitz a couple of times until everything is nicely chopped and blended.
- Adjust the seasoning to your liking and serve with chips.